21.12.09

Strange Daze

I woke up at about three a.m. with a nasty headache brought on by sinus congestion. I hate that. Feel like I'm about to get really, really sick. I was looking in the mirror and that is what came to mine. "Brace yourself. You're going down."

Great.



Eagles won last night, but I didn't see the game because I was playing with my daughter, which is more enjoyable than any sporting event. The team destroyed the 49ers playoff hopes, which were slim to begin with. I have plenty of friends who like that team who I'm sure are plenty upset, but what do you expect when you go up against a team with a psychopathic animal abuser in it? Good times? Steelers won, too. Saw highlights. Spectacular. Raiders, a team I'm neutral on, pulled off something amazing, too, after losing 83 quarterbacks.

I'm pretty sure this headache is not going away. I wonder if I will make it through the day. I feel a bit feverish, and that's never good. Film Threat still seems to be down, so I've got reviews backing up. I'm almost done with my synopsis. If I can get a book deal in 2010 ... well, that would be nice.

Work will set you free. Or: Work makes you free. Auschwitz, Poland. Some "common thieves" took the sign that greeted Jews on their way to death. Ironic sign? Definitely. But did you ever read the placard on the Statue of Liberty?

2 comments:

Nikki said...

If the Eagles go to the super bowl, I'm not watching the commercials. Yeah, I know, that's a relatively meaningless threat in the grand scheme of things, but I still don't understand how so many people can support a team that allows a piece of human garbage to play. Are there no ethics in sports? I guess maybe the people that support him are the same soulless people who feel the animals he destroyed are "just dogs" and not worth getting upset about.

My only hope is that Vick gets severely injured during a game, breaks his neck, and lives the rest of his life with a catheter and a colostomy bag, being spoon-fed gelled coffee and crappy tapioca as he drools all over himself. It could happen, right?

-Doug Brunell (America's Favorite Son) said...

It could happen but probably won't because God hates dogs more than football players. That's why there are dog fighting rings and not footballer player fighting rings.

Ethics in sports? No. At least not the ethics that you are thinking. Everything has its own set of ethics.