15.12.09

At War With the Planets

I was going to update the comic book blog tonight, but decided to stick with this one instead. I don't feel like writing about Kool-Aid Man and the pictures are still screwed up. Maybe when I'm done...

Oral Roberts died today. Celebrity Watchdog George Anthony Watson let me know. I can't say I'm sad. Snake oil salesmen selling God to old people for a portion of their pension seems kind of hellish to me. If you believe in God, you can take pleasure in knowing he has more company now. If you're like me, you find the whole thing ironic.

Today was an ... interesting ... day. Don't know what to make of it yet. Had the urge to listen to mid-career Suicidal Tendencies. Heard "Barracuda" on the way to get my daughter. You can't help but turn the radio up when that song comes on. The vocals and lyrics are shit. Utter nonsense. But that guitar. Good lord. It's such a clean, grinding sound that gets your attention every time. No wonder it's a classic. Makes me glad I like rock sometimes. Those who only listen to hip hop are missing out.

I have more to say, but I'm not going to. I'm taking a page out of an old playbook and shutting the hell up.

3 comments:

DRJ said...

wish i had borrowed that playbook today. guess i'll try again tomorrow.
there was such weird energy about. not bad. just weird.

-Doug Brunell (America's Favorite Son) said...

I think we are operating under a false sense of assumptions -- that truth is better than the fiction.

I don't feel like I've been true to myself lately, and that is doing a number on me mentally. As Rollins says on "Wartime," "The truth ain't nothin' but the truth."

Well, it's another day. Let's see how fucked up this one can get.

DRJ said...

while i'm inclined to agree with you on your statement regarding false assumptions and truth, i'd be hard pressed to reprogram myself to do anything else. i mean, do you think that if i poured energy and time into successfully creating and living by fictions, the pay off would be worth it?
and what if...what IF i'm living by fictions now and it's not bringing me bliss because i'm not meant to experience bliss? then i will have poured time and energy into something i can't eventually attain anyway: blissful ignorance.
oh gawd...my head hurts. it's too early to think this much.