25.3.09

Games

I've got about a minute before I go to work, but I need to get something off my chest.

I've never felt that adults are good at acting like adults. I'm just as guilty, too, but I try. We are petty,spiteful beings who like nothing more than exerting power over those who we think will let us. We like to play games and then act innocent.

But what happens when you start fucking with the wrong people?

There's a great line in "The Devil's Rejects," a movie I recommend highly. The sheriff has just caught three of the killers and has them attached to chairs. The dynamic has changed. The killers are now victims, and the sheriff admits his familial history of vigilantism. He tells these madmen that they are now playing on a higher level that most people never get to see. You people who have never seen that level should be thankful. It goes beyond the normal reindeer games that people who are little more than window dressing play. It turned nasty. Those who saw the movie remember the scene. I know they do.

The problems of games can be solved very easily. Don't play them. Don't screw around. Don't be passive aggressive. Say what you mean, do what you say. Treat people with the respect you wish were given to you. Do that and you get it back. I don't play games with people. Not much anyway. Not about important things. Do people do it to me? No. Why? Because when they do, I take it to the next level.

A friend of mine once said he had no doubt I would do myself great harm in order to get at someone else. It's true. I don't respect games. I don't respect lying. I don't respect people acting all too human.

When you wake up in the morning you always have to ask yourself, "Where do I stand?"

That's the question, isn't it?

No comments: