13.3.09

Pandora's Box

I am addicted to Pandora, that online radio that picks songs based on what you like off of some crazy programming voodoo that only thirteen-year-olds and idiot savants can understand. It lets you pick and choose songs so as to further fine tune your listening experience.

And Voodoo Rhythm acts are on it, too, so it has to be good.

My station is The Last Samurai, and according to Jem, a listener advocate with Pandora, the music that pops up in my window is from their personal collection. Impressive. I've got some eclectic tastes (Prince and GG Allin come to mind), but the program was more than able to satisfy me.

I know this thing has been around for a while, but if you haven't checked it out, I recommend it if you really love music. If you aren't a huge music fan, you won't understand the joy of discovering something new.

When I first heard it through my tattoo artist/vice parent to my daughter, JLo, I knew it was something I had to check out. Now that I have a new computer am I able to access it, and I haven't stopped listening since.

No comments: