20.3.10

Hung With Glib Delight

I sent my first article off to the new site I'm writing for.  Once the site is up and running I'll be posting a link, but I don't know what good that will do a lot of you, as the site itself will be in Romanian (and will include Romanian translations of my writing).  English versions of my articles will appear on the site's Facebook page.

I don't think I've ever had any of my writing translated into Romanian, so that's kind of nifty, and you got to love any country known for someone like Vlad the Impaler.  Apparently, he's still considered a hero in some parts of the country.  (Don't shake your head in disbelief.  America still has a necrophiliac love affair with Ronald Reagan.  The only thing that stopped him from impaling people was that he forgot where he put the stakes.)

I have been battling a headache all day.  Got a lot of writing done, though, which kept my mind off not having my daughter here to enjoy the day with me.  I'm trying to place a horror short story I wrote a few years back, but the word count is making it difficult to find a publisher.  Such is life.

Listened to some Henry Rollins this morning.  Listened to ol' Hank talk about killing mice and rats as part of his job.  Putting them in bags, squeezing the air out and then pumping in carbon dioxide.  Then he would haul them off to the NIH incinerator.  Day after day of this rodent extermination.  I wonder if that job relieved stress or caused it?  I'm not sure how I would handle it.  I'll probably never have to find out.

I've been itching to get a new tattoo, but have to save some dough for some other things.  Still want my homage to Black Flag's version of "Louie Louie."

Scored a copy of Man on the Moon today for $3.99 at Walgreens of all places.  I love this movie because I'm a fan of Andy Kaufman.  Anyone who is familiar with his brand of humor can see where I get much of my inspiration from.  I really respect anyone who can really fuck with the fabric of reality the way he did.  Not only did he do that, but he also did it strictly for himself ... a form of self-amusement, if you will.  Hell, that's why I do most of the shit I do.  I figure if I can entertain myself I'll A)Never be bored, and B) Probably amuse someone else, too.  I don't know why I never had this on DVD before, but I obviously couldn't pass up a bargain price like that.  The original Friday the 13th was there, too, but I really don't like that film franchise.  

Think I need a horror movie night soon.  Invite a friend or two over and get some creepy going on the television.  Could be fun or total misery.

Enough rambling.  I've got some other writing to do.

No comments: