1.4.20

Day 13: California Under Martial Law Lite (Groove Is In The Heart)

Humboldt did it! We finally did it! We reached that exclusive rock star club number: 27 confirmed cases of Covid-19! Now, like the Cobains and Morrisons before us, we perish.

Our local health emergency is now in place "until lifted." It's two words that should send a shiver down the spine of any freedom loving person. We are the victim in the movie being held hostage in the basement by a masked serial killer. He'll let us go when he feels he's ready, though we all know what happens in the movie. We hope someone rescues us, but those bones in the corner, the ones that look like ribs, tell us otherwise.
Good morning, America!

I officially admit my stress level is pretty high, which is making my back pain act up. I can't take my usual medicine for it because it involves anti-inflammatory pills. I am returning to work because I'm an essential worker, and all I keep wishing is that Black Devil Spine would suddenly become a bestseller so I could just stay home and edit. My love of humanity has bounds, and I've reached them. And for those who want things to go back to normal, I don't think that will ever happen. In fact, I'm not sure I want them to do so. We have a president who is about as effective as anal mucus, citizens who will horde toilet paper for no apparent reason, a wealth gap that is obscene, people on all sides of the political spectrum making power grabs and playing God. Who wants to go back to that? Not I. I want something better.

I fear the world my daughter is being left.

*Note: I may not be updating this daily any longer due to other writing commitments.

No comments: