5.4.20

Day 17: California Under Martial Law Lite (Spreading The Disease)

Humboldt, by all appearances, is taking the mask recommendation fairly seriously, though I have yet to have one. Unfortunately, when it comes to social distancing, we are still lagging.

While in WinCo, I was in front of the teller who was shouting a conversation to the person at the teller behind me. (It was about anime, so I'm guessing it was really fucking important that the entire store hear this.) The guy behind me was shouting back. When I turned to glare, the fucker, who works for Coca Cola as noted by his work uniform, just smiled. Hey, bra, it's all good. I wanted to gut him on the spot. One more reason not to buy Coke products.

Our neighborhood has started an email chain to lend services to each other, keep an eye on one another, etc. It's a good idea, and one I hope to see more people doing. I know there was another howl last night, but I didn't participate, and nor did I hear anyone doing it. I kind of think it's pointless. I would rather organize a lynching of our elected officials.

Humboldt now has two people hospitalized with Covid-19, and the number of positive cases is creeping close to 50. Small numbers when compared to New York City, but still big enough . . . and going to get bigger in the days to come. What are the numbers where you are?

Yesterday full-on depression hit me. See, my bedroom is my sanctuary. I got some books there, my Roku, my TV, my Blu Ray player, my PS2. My girlfriend hates the movies I watch, so I tend to have to watch them alone, which is depressing enough because I like to watch movies with people. Anyway, we had a power outage a few days ago, and yesterday I realized the entire wall that everything is plugged into has lost power. It's not a fuse issue, either. Now I can't watch anything. And now I'm told they may not come fix it because it's not an emergency. I guess it'll become an emergency once I go all Jack Torrance. Bottom line, being locked inside and unable to watch my movies . . . I'm about to go nuts and do bad things.

Anyone up for a lynching?

No comments: