3.6.10

Out of This World

I woke up to "Out of This World" running through my head and thought, "It's going to be one of those days."  And it was.  It was one of those days.

In pain due to my back.  Stressful job interview.  Stressful job.  And then, to top it right the fuck off, my daughter had some intense, insightful questions about the divorce and her role in it.  That broke my heart, but I think I made that okay in the end.

Life just loved fucking with me today.

Was also told I don't see the signs of flirting, which I believe is probably true.  Made a great friend cry because I'm an insensitive asshole with a habit of sometimes saying the wrong thing at the right time to get the worst reaction.  And then, after a run-in at work that blew my mind, angered me, and proved to myself I have a lot of restraint, I heard it ... in the car ... on the way home ... and I turned it up so loud I think I fucked up a speaker.  It was not Black Flag.  It was Stealers Wheel "Stuck in the Middle With You." 

The one from "Reservoir Dogs."  Where the ear gets cut off.

Fucking perfect.  Perfect.  Perfect.  If it had been something from "The Devil's Rejects" I would've went on a murder spree.  Instead, I got to relish in reliving that torture scene that ends with a cop minus an ear.

Isn't this where ... we came in?

Friday has got to be better.

No comments: