11.1.10

Eureka Earthquake: Holy Fucking Shit!!! Part 3

Well, the earthquake was Saturday. It is Monday. Not much is back to normal. Work was a disaster. Plenty of friends have damaged homes and apartments. I can't get to my mail. A building in Old Town, Eureka, California (for those who don't know) may be demolished after part of its wall crashed onto the roof of the building next to it.

Yeah, it's gonna be some time before life is status quo. The streets didn't have many cars on them. The Bayshore Mall is still apparently closed, except for Kohl's. Last report I heard was $12.5 million in damages. Humboldt County is hoping FEMA kicks in some financial help.

The threat of magnitude 5 or greater aftershocks is down to 38%, which is great. Those are odds I can live with. My nerves are on edge. We have a storm coming in. It is eerie out. Plenty of people feel the same way.

Associated Content picked up my earthquake piece. You can read it below. I think that will get some reads. Everyone loves eyewitness accounts.

I really don't like this shit.

Aftermath of the 6.5 Quake that Rocked Northern California

No comments: