1.6.09

Rent Increase

At a time I'm flipping out about money I get a notice that my rent is going up. Now, in all fairness the letter states that if I look around I'll notice this is "still a very reasonable amount of rent," and there won't be an increase in services (of which none are provided). But, hey, times are tough all over, right?

The letter goes on to remind me that if I "cannot live with the increase" to remember that I need to give 30 days notice.

It would be depressing if it weren't so funny. Stressed about money, my job, and then this. How is it possible that I don't have a drinking or drug problem? How do I get by every day unmedicated? How the hell am I pulling that off.

This is the first rent increase since I've been here, which is around three years if memory serves me correctly, so all things considered, it's not the worse thing that could happen, but at a this time it is not exactly a happy moment. It takes my tax decrease courtesy of the Obama administration and destroys it. Guess I gotta put more shit on eBay.

3 comments:

DRJ said...

pookie keeps telling me that you ought to move...that you could find some place cheaper. what is happening to you was what happened to me...only my landlord originally told me she would not ever increase the rent & then when she did, it was a whopping $150 increase. that's how i wound up with the roommate. i told myself i could make it without the roommate...only just barely though. i'd have to cut back on some of my extras.

the roommate is asking me to reconsider and i'm not sure i should dismiss the request so easily. times are hard all around. wondering if i should suck it up and get over the fact that i hate having him around...let him stay to ease my financial woes. i hate people.

consider: it's really expensive to move. you're in a fairly decent location. any "extras" you can do without...trim some fat off of checkbook?

i'm actually going to a budgeting course on wednesday. i've never lived on a budget. maybe it's time i started...

i wish you luck in making your decision.

-Doug Brunell (America's Favorite Son) said...

I don't want my daughter to have any more change right now. I do like it here. I can afford it. I will just have to be tighter. If our raises come through, and my step raise, I should be okay.

-Doug Brunell (America's Favorite Son) said...

I just worry about the future. I've cut back quite a bit. Don't spend a lot on myself (comic books every few months, which comes out of car insurance money). It's just hard.