10.6.09

Nasty Smiles

I don't think I need to apologize for much in my life. I make no bones about my vices. I don't give a crap what most people think. I don't set out to impress. Today, however, I was told I should try to be nicer to people and less of a "dick."

Honestly, I don't think I'm a dick, but really that is for other people to decide. I give respect where it is due, and I believe my enemies should be driven into the ground and don't feel bad about thinking that. I'm a realist when it comes to most things, and I'm a hopeful pessimist. I go out of my way to be polite to people when they deserve or when I think they deserve. And while I do joke around, sometimes in unconventional ways, I don't think I'm all that nasty. So what prompted this remark?

I said I didn't care if Person X got cancer. I didn't wish it on them. I just didn't care if he got it. I'd shed no tears. I wouldn't sign a card. I don't like Person X, and I make no bones about it.

Who said you have to like everyone or even pretend to like everyone? Why is it that honesty is frowned upon? When I heard Person X thought he had cancer, was I supposed to say, "Well, I never fucking liked him, but I'm really sad to hear that." (By the way, he doesn't actually have cancer. He just thought he did.) Was I supposed to suddenly fake nice?

What put it over the top, though, was me saying that God probably gave him cancer (that was before I found out he didn't have it) because he hates him as much as I do.

Yeah, maybe that was uncalled for. But if there was a God I think he'd hate Person X, too.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

You're not a dick, you're just very honest and real.