13.6.09

Travel Tips From Satan 2

Day One: Night

You know, I thought a little get away would be good for me. A chance to recharge the batteries, get my fucking ducks in a row. Instead, it's just proven what I suspected to be true. Now what do I do with it?

The weather here, ironically, is totally Humboldt. Cool. Overcast. When I left Humboldt it's been sunny and warm. I'm a big fan of overcast, though, so I don't mind. I know the sun worshippers hate it, but you can't please everyone.

The Internet connection I managed to snag from an unsecured router is no longer working (wonder why), so I can't get on. My cell phone minutes are limited. I feel isolated. I could go into more details (and should as I can edit this later), but I don't want to reveal too much. I can't cope with fallout right now.

As I write this everyone has gone to bed. I'm up. I'm beat. My head is throbbing. The news is L.A. news, which leaves a lot to be desired. My cell phone is about to die, so there goes texting, too. I hope to be able to post this soon, but I fear it won't be until I return home. Typical. One more shot. Then I'm hitting the book.

3 comments:

DRJ said...

you probably won't get this but i'm going to write it anyway.
oh
my
gawd
what do you mean no texting? complete douglas cut-off.
*gasp*
i can't breathe...

-Doug Brunell (America's Favorite Son) said...

You folks can text. I can't call, as I have to save my minutes so my daughter can talk to her mom.

DRJ said...

it's been overcast all day today. come home.

when i take vacations, it always gives me renewed perspective. i typically return home appreciative. when i have left the country, not only do i come home appreciative, i tend to be content, less critical of myself, less focused on what i don't have and more grateful for what i do have. i feel wiser, calmer, more balanced.

despite there being next to nothing to do here (which is fine by me as long as i have video games and people keep recommending books/comics books to me), humboldt county is not all that bad. most of the people i find odd, not terribly interesting and more headache than they are worth. but i have just enough kindred souls in my life that i'm ok. unfortunately, i usually need to be removed from this environment for me to remember that.