6.2.21

It's a Mod, Mod World

 My luck when ordering food has always been abysmal. If I'm with a group of people, and the order is going to be wrong, it will be my food that is fucked up. Nowhere has this ever been apparent than it has been in Eureka, CA. Some examples:

At McDonald's once I waited 15 minutes for my order. As people who ordered after me got their food, I asked about mine and was told they forgot about it, but would have it right up. After waiting far too long again, I was told they forgot it again, and would have it right up. I had to whip out my cell phone, call my wife, who was waiting in the car, and loudly explain that I was waiting for the food and if I didn't have the order in five minutes I would "come out to the car and get my gun and shoot someone in the fucking face!" My food came right out.

At Taco Bell, a lady was handing me my bag and asked if I wanted any sauce. I asked for Fire sauce. She took the bag away and walked back to get sauce. A minute later she handed me the bag, and I drove away. I didn't get any sauce. I have no idea what she did on her little journey, but I can be assured it wasn't getting me sauce.

At a sushi restaurant with a group of people, they all got their order. I was told mine was coming. After 15 minutes I was told they forgot what I ordered. I was sure they wrote it down, but whatever. I reordered. After far too long a wait, my order arrived . . . and it wasn't close to what I wanted. The waitress asked if I wanted them to replace it and I said, "Since everyone else is done eating, I doubt it. Plus, I don't want to give you guys another chance to screw it up."

Recently, at the taco truck across from Leon's Mufflers, I ordered my usual. The woman who always takes my order is a little rude, but I can handle that. She knows what I like, and punches it in the system before I even finish ordering it. That's service. I always get a burrito without beans. Always. Last time I ordered, she knew what I wanted before I asked. She even nodded when I reminded her, "No beans." Fucking burrito was filled with beans.

Now, last night, I went to Mod. The pizza is not great, but it is one pizza place everyone in the house can agree on because everyone likes different things on their pizza. I got pepperoni, spicy sausage, red onions, and mushrooms. Pretty standard. Hard to fuck up . . . unless you are in Eureka and work at Mod. I paid my forty plus dollars, and drove home. Upon opening my box I found a pizza with red bell peppers, mushrooms, and motherfucking artichoke hearts! Who the hell puts that on pizza? Savages. 

Not my pizza from Mod, but crappy looking nonetheless.

I was livid. So livid that when I was advised to call Mod or take the pizza back, I declined because if I had to go back to the pizza place I would hit someone, break something, or a combination of both. The workers, who are generally nice, are really socially conscious, maaannn, but they also really know how to fuck up a pizza. How the hell did that happen?

I won't buy myself anything else from any place that fucks up my order, unless they are really a phenomenal establishment, which are few and far between in Eureka. 

I have a feeling I'm going to end up saving a shit ton of money by the time it is all said and done. And as for Mod . . . you fine folks can take pleasure in knowing you were the straw that broke the camel's back.

No comments: